Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Admissions
Can I study in Sweden with American I-20?
Asked by: Elias
Answers: 1
Views: 1349
Posted on Tue, 1 Jul 2008 08:30:12 GMT
Question Description
I have an I-20 from Kentucky State University, America. But I would like to go to Sweden and study there. Is that possible?

Currently, I am a resident in Ethiopia. I applied for admission in Kentucky State University as an undergraduate student. But I changed my mind and now I want to study in a Swedish university so if any school in Sweden accepts me with I-20 I have, I would like to study in Sweden instead of US.

Please give me specific information how I can get a student visa as an Ethiopian student to study in Sweden.

Since you’ve receive an American I-20, it will not be valid for Sweden. You’ll have to apply for admission in Sweden separately. Choose the university you want to study and apply for admission. The application charge is SEK 1000 which is non-refundable. If they accept you for admission, they’ll send you a letter of acceptance which you’ll need while applying for Swedish student visa.

Requirement of Swedish student visa:
As you are from Ethiopia, you can enter Sweden only after you obtain a Swedish visa. With a Swedish visa you can stay in Sweden up to 90 days. After 90 days, you’ll have to obtain a residence permit.

Required documents to obtain Swedish student visa:
A valid passport
To recently taken photographs for passport
A letter of acceptance receive from a university in Sweden
A health insurance certificate
Financial documents – bank statement, bank certificate, property valuation documents, or letter of sponsorship
Previous academic certificates

With these documents you must apply to nearest Swedish consulate office or at Swedish Embassy.

To apply for Swedish visa from Ethiopia you’ll have to apply at:
Embassy of Sweden
P. O. Box 1142
Addis Ababa

Contact Details for Visa and consular matters
Telephone: +251-11-5180000
Fax: +251-11-5180040


Rate it!
Kumar answered 9 years and 8 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018