Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Admissions
PhD in Pharmacy in the US after B. Pharm
Asked by: vamshianup
Answers: 1
Views: 2241
Posted on Thu, 29 Jul 2010 05:55:47 GMT
Question Description
I completed B. Pharmacy in Andhra Pradesh, India. I have passed the GPAT M. Pharm entrance examination held here and I am sure to get a seat in M. Pharm with specialization in Pharmaceutics… but, I want to pursue MS in Pharmaceutics from USA. Moreover, I heard that universities in USA are not offering MS programs in Pharmacy. Instead, they are offering general chemistry. Sor, I would like to know whether I can pursue my M. Pharm here and go to the USA for my PhD. In that case, will they offer me a PhD in Pharmaceutics, and what should my score in GRE to get a seat there be?

Following are some of the universities which offer PhD in Pharmacy program in USA:

University of Pittsburgh

Medical University of South Carolina

University of Southern California

The University of Texas at Austin

University of Arizona

University of Michigan

Ferris State University

Mercer University

UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy

You don't need to take GRE for a PhD program. However, if your Master's degree isn't recognized by the university you're applying to, you may be asked to join a Master's level in the USA before allowing you to continue with your PhD.

Rate it!
InfoStore answered 7 years and 7 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018