Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Admissions
Do student from Ghana need to take IETLS, TOFEL, and SAT tests?
Asked by: Keleve
Answers: 2
Views: 2818
Posted on Sun, 13 Mar 2011 12:53:09 GMT
Question Description
I am student from Ghana. Do l need the English proficiency to secure admission in universities of Finland, USA, Canada, or Australia?

Hello friend, your question is very simple and its answer should be simple too. If your first language is English or if you are from English speaking country, you do not need to take English language proficiency tests like IELTS and TOEFL. But if your first language is not English or if you are not from English speaking country and if you are not fluent in English, definitely you'll need to take English language proficiency tests to get admitted into the courses that are taught in English.

You will need to take either TOEFL or IELTS test to study in either Finland, or USA, or Canada, or Australia if the medium of instruction is going to be English. In Canada, some universities may accept you without TOEFL or IELTS score if you know French. In the same way, in Finland, you may be exempted from TOEFL or IELTS score requirements, if you can study in Finish language. But, I guess that you do not know either of these languages which mean you must take either TOEFL or IELTS test in order to get admitted in universities of these countries.

SAT is different type of test. Its full form is Scholastic Aptitude Test which measures aptitude of the student. Normally, you will need to take this test if you want to study in USA at undergraduate level.

Rate it!
Dinesh176 answered 7 years ago

why not consider low tuition and quality education in china. contact

Rate it!
studycon answered 6 years and 10 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018