Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Regional
General information about Denmark for International students
Asked by: kirti
Answers: 1
Views: 1296
Posted on Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:46:42 GMT
Question Description
Could you please suggest me how can I find accommodation and its charge? And I also want to know about food and travelling expenses. Also let me know about weather and part-time jobs there. What is chance of PR and work-permit?

The cost of accommodation in Denmark varies depending upon type of accommodation and place you wish to live. Here are some general costs for accommodation in Denmark.

On-campus accommodation:
The cost for on-campus accommodation varies from Ä250 to Ä550 a month.
To reserve on-campus accommodation, you should contact the university or college in which you are planning to get admitted in.

Off-campus accommodation:
These are the accommodations outside the institution you study in. For a room at home, cost varies from Ä200 to Ä550 a month. Sometimes students are found to stay in shared apartment. Shared accommodation costs comparatively low. Reserving this type of accommodation is usually possible only after you are in Denmark.

Cost for Food: Ä150 to Ä200 a month

About weather:
Denmark has mild type of weather. More information on weather in Denmark is available here:

International students who donít belong to EU/EEA nation should obtain a work-permit to work part-time in Denmark. Once work permit is obtained, students can work 15 hours a week. Finding job isnít easy for students who donít know Danish language. Students with knowledge in Danish language have higher possibility of finding jobs in Denmark.

Permanent Residency:
To study in Denmark you need to obtain residence permit. After completion of your studies, you have six month time to search for job in Denmark during this period if you find an employer, you can work in Denmark. If you legally stay in Denmark for more than five years with purpose to work, you can apply for Permanent Residency.

Rate it!
MyWorld answered 9 years and 8 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018