Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Student Jobs
Can a international student work up to 9 hours a day in New Zealand?
Asked by: lobsang
Answers: 2
Views: 2609
Posted on Mon, 27 Dec 2010 11:24:21 GMT
Question Description
How many hours a day are international students allowed to work in New Zealand? Can an International Student work for up to 9 hours a day there? Please suggest me.

The maximum hours that international students are allowed to work in New Zealand is 20 hours a week. So, you definitely can work nine or more hours in a day, but not every day. The total hours of work you do in a week shouldn’t exceed 20 hours. I hope it’s clear to you now that you’re not allowed to work more than 20 hours a week, but you may exhaust all your 20 hours working provision in a single day.

Rate it!
InfoStore answered 7 years ago

Working while studying
You can work part time while studying full time, under certain circumstances:
to meet course requirements for practical work experience, or
during the Christmas and New Year holiday period if you are in a full-time course of study lasting 12 months or longer, and/or
for up to 20 hours in any given week during the academic year if you are in full-time study:
at a private training establishment or tertiary institution and taking at least two academic years to complete, or
culminating in a New Zealand qualification that would qualify for points under the Skilled Migrant Category, or
at a secondary school full year course of study in years 12 or 13, provided you have written permission from your school and written consent from your parent, or
in a full-time study course lasting at least six months, at a private training establishment or tertiary institution. Your immigration officer has to be satisfied that the main purpose of your course is to develop English language skills and you have an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall band score of 5.0 or above (General or Academic Module), or
at a tertiary level of at least one academic year duration as part of an approved tertiary student exchange scheme.

Rate it!
Chikanbarn answered 5 years and 2 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018