Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Universities and Colleges
How to transfer from one university to another?
Asked by: Noel
Answers: 1
Views: 7499
Posted on Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:11:42 GMT
Question Description
I am Pilipino student studying in Troy University, Alabama. Troy University is located in remote area and hence, it is almost not possible to find any part time job for international student. That's why I want to get transferred from here to any other University located in City area where I could find jobs easily so that I could partly support my living and study cost here. But in fact, I do not know the procedure to get transferred to another university. What are the procedure and requirements to get transferred to another University? How to transfer credits from one university to another university? Can anybody suggest me please?

You haven't stated which type of visa you currently hold and how long have you been studying in your present university. Without answer to these questions, it isn't possible to advice you. However, I will try to give you some information regarding university transfer procedure for international students. If you hold F-1 or J-1 visa, you can transfer from your present university to new university. But, you must attend at least one semester in your present university. Without attending one semester in your present university, you cannot get transferred.

Application procedure for transferring from one university to another university is quite similar to applying as fresh student from your home country. You have to apply to your new university as a transfer student with the required documents like your previous academic certificates, English language proficiency certificates, bank certificates and statements that proves you have sufficient funds to continue your study and living life in your new university. Your new university will review your application and decides whether to consider you as “SEVIS transfer student” or not. If you have applied for the same course as you are attending in current university, your achieved credits can also be transferred to new university.

If you are accepted by your new university, you have to request your current university’s International Office to release your SEVIS record. Once they release your SEVIS record, your new university will issue the new I-20 for you and you are done with your transfer process.

Rate it!
EduExpert answered 9 years and 8 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018