Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
How to obtain F1 visa?
Asked by: Ahmad
Answers: 1
Views: 818
Posted on Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:09:21 GMT
Question Description
What is the process to get F-1 visa to go USA as student? Please guide me through the process to obtain F1 student visa.

Iíll try to guide you step by step process to obtain F-1 student visa. Go through these processes to obtain F-1 student visa.

First youíll need to have I-20. I-20 is issued by university or college youíve applied once your application is approved.

If youíve got an I-20, make an appointment for a visa interview. For different countries, the method of making an appointment can be different. Depending upon your country, either youíll have to take an appointment from US Consulate office itself or any other agent authorized by US Immigration office. For more information on this issue, contact US embassy visa department in your country.

Get visa application forms and fill them up. Depending upon length of stay and program youíll study, the form required may be different. The different forms are DS-156, DS-157, and DS-158. Identify which forms you require and complete them.

Pay visa fee. It may be different in different country.

Make payment for SEVIS fee either online or by mail. In some countries, you can pay for SEVIS from same place where you make an appointment for visa interview.

Prepare yourself for visa interview. Prepare all the documents required. Practice possible questions that might be asked during a visa interview.

Immediately after your visa interview, you can know either youíve got a visa or not. If you obtain, you can go to US to study otherwise either youíll have to re-apply or study in your own country.

Rate it!
visa_expert answered 9 years and 9 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018