Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
Documents required for F1 Visa
Asked by: Ahmad
Answers: 2
Views: 2461
Posted on Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:56:18 GMT
Question Description
What are the documents I need to obtain F1 visa to study in United States? Please mention the list of all the documents that I'll require to submit while applying for F1 visa?

To obtain F1 visa, you'll need following documents:

Valid passport with validity of six month more than applicants intended stay in USA

A passport sized photograph which must be 37X37 in dimensions and taken in white background showing full face and ears

Competed visa application forms (DSP -158, DSP -157, DSP -158, DSP-2019, IAP 166)

Effective Statement of Purpose

I-20 which shows you’ve been accepted for admission by university in USA

Documents to show your ties with your nation. This document must convince consular that you’ll return back home after completion of your studies in United States

Documents to show you have enough funds to support life and education in USA. These documents include certificates of property, bank statement, bank balance certificate, income sources and any other documents that certifies your funds

Letter of recommendations from teachers

Sponsorship letter from your sponsor which is usually your parents

Certificate of verification of relation with your sponsor

TOEFL and SAT, GRE, GMAT score sheets

Transcripts of previous studies

Receipt of visa fee payment

Receipt of SEVIS fee payment

Along with these documents you may also submit any other documents that you think will support your claim for student visa to USA.

Depending upon your country of residence, you may also require other documents like - No Criminal Record Certificate.

Rate it!
visa_expert answered 9 years and 9 months ago

Documents required for F1- Visa of United States-

-Form I-20A-B , Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant (F-1) Student Status-For Academic and Language Students or Form I-20M-N, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (M-1) Student Status for Vocational Students.
-SEVIS I-20, which is provided by your University/school. I-20 form must be signed by you and school official (Graduate school/International students office).
-Online Non immigrant visa Electronic Application, Form DS-160.
-Passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant intended period of stay in the United States
one colored photograph 2 X 2 inches square for each applicant, showing a full face, without head covering, against a light background.
-Original TOEFL scores and SAT, GRE, GMAT scores (as applicable). Students going to the United States to earn a degree of Bachelor should bring their most recent mark sheets or graduation certificates.
-Students going the United States to earn a Ph.D/MS degree should bring their original undergraduate degree and mark sheets/Transcripts.
-Spouses and minor children accompanying the student to the United States should bring marriage certificates, wedding photos, and birth certificates with them to the interview, to prove the relationship between themselves and the principal applicant.
-A MRV fee receipt to show payment of the visa application fee.
-The SEVIS I-901 fee receipt.

Rate it!
X-masgift answered 5 years and 3 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018