Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
Spanish Visa for US Students
Asked by: McJohn
Answers: 1
Views: 872
Posted on Sun, 25 May 2008 09:44:27 GMT
Question Description
I am from United States. Do I need to obtain student visa to study in Spain during summer? If yes, how do I apply for it?

I expect for answer in detail. And where must I apply for Spanish student visa?

Hey McJohn, you surely need to obtain student visa to study in Spain. For Spain, there are two types of student visa; one is of Six month duration and another one is of Three month duration. However, for short stay, student visa of six month duration will be suitable. Though it sounds paradox, it is so because if you have Six month duration visa, you don't need to obtain Spanish Residence Permit. But remember, six month duration visa cannot be extended. If you think you might change your mind and stay in Spain for more than six months, then make sure that you apply for 3 month duration visa. Three month duration visa can be extended but you'll need to obtain separate Residence permit in Spain.

To apply for Spanish Student visa, you need to have a valid passport. You'll also require some other documents which include financial and academic documents.

I think you'll have apply for student visa in Spanish consulate office.

Rate it!
Dusava answered 9 years and 10 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018