Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
How to sponsor a brother for Canadian student visa?
Asked by: sal
Answers: 1
Views: 2890
Posted on Sun, 22 Jun 2008 02:15:04 GMT
Question Description
My brother is in India and wants to come Canada to study. What are the rules and fees for a visa and how can I sponsor him?

First thing your brother has to do is - prepare all the documents required to apply for Canadian student visa which include:

A passport with validity of at least one year beyond expected date of course completion

Transcripts of previous academic achievements

Official letter of acceptance from Canadian university

Bank draft to pay for visa fee

Proof of English language proficiency through score card of IELTS or TOEFL

Now about sponsorship, you must write a letter stating you’ll sponsor all the costs your brother will require during his study in Canada. You must also need your legal certificates that show you’re residing legally in Canada. With a sponsorship letter, you must submit proof that you have enough funds to sponsor your brother. The proof can be a certificate of bank balance and proof of your monthly secure income.

Once you have prepared these documents send them to your brother. Now your brother can apply for a visa in Canadian High Commission. The student visa fee is currently INR 5,080 for Indian students.

Rate it!
visa_expert answered 9 years and 9 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018