Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
Do I have to show my fund for my Brother's student visa?
Asked by: sal
Answers: 1
Views: 929
Posted on Sun, 22 Jun 2008 04:39:14 GMT
Question Description
For my brother's visa application, do I have to show any fund? Is there any other way for him to come Canada? I'm Canadian citizen but I can't sponsor him he is over 24 years.

You must show your fund only if you intend to sponsor your brother in Canada. If you donít intend to sponsor your brother, either your brother himself must be able to show enough fund to study and live in Canada or should find another sponsor who will sponsor for his stay and study in Canada. To be eligible to study in Canada, an applicant must have funds which should be enough to pay for living and studying in Canada at least for 1 academic year.

You said your brother is above 24 years old therefore you cannot sponsor him, but why not? You can sponsor anybody even your brother to study in Canada no matter how old he is. The only thing is, you yourself must have enough funds to sponsor him. There is no way to obtain a Canadian visa without sufficient fund.

Rate it!
Kumar answered 9 years and 9 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018