Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
Sponsoring family members to obtain student visa for Canada
Asked by: sal
Answers: 1
Views: 1443
Posted on Sun, 22 Jun 2008 05:22:11 GMT
Question Description
I am Canadian citizen. I want my brother to immigrate to Canada. But he is over 24 years of age and that's why I can't sponsor him. However, I came to know that I can sponsor him for Canadian student visa. So, is there any other way to sponsor my family to bring them in Canada? Anyway, I am not working now in Canada.

To be eligible to sponsor your brother, you must commit that you will financially support him during his stay as a student in Canada signing a sponsorship agreement letter. Additionally you must show the documentary proof like bank certificates and bank statements with last 2 years transaction records showing availability of enough funds to support your brother during his stay period as a student in Canada.

You said that you are not working in Canada. If you have problem relating to financing, if you do not have enough funds to sponsor your brother alone, then you and your parents in India can sponsor jointly. Moreover, you may also ask your brother to apply for scholarship in any of the Canadian University or Colleges so as to help you minimize the financial burden.

Rate it!
Kumar answered 9 years and 9 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018