Question asked in Visa and Immigration
Process to obtain German student visa
Asked by: santuaryal
Posted on Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:03:57 GMT
I need to know how I can apply for getting a student visa of German. What is the process? And, what are the minimum requirements to get a German student visa?
To obtain German student visa, you need to go through some process. First, you have to apply for admission to a university. After a university in Germany accepts you for admission, they’ll send you an offer letter. You should apply for a visa in at nearest German embassy or consulate office with following documents:
Citizenship certificate (with two photocopies)
For more information on visa fee and requirements you may contact the nearest German consulate office. Generally students aren’t interviewed but in some cases they may be.
abhijeet answered 9 years and 6 months ago
The application process to apply for the German student visa starts with collection of visa application form from German Consulate or Embassy in your country. The visa application form can also be downloaded from German Embassy or website of Consulate. You have to fill up the application form in detail as stated in the form and submit it to respective German mission in your country. The applicable visa fee and supporting documents must be also be submitted along with visa applications. You may be asked to make a personal appearance for interview with consulate officer at German embassy to verify whether you are true student trying to pursue your further education in Germany or not. If the consular feels you to be the true and genuine student, your applications will be forwarded to the responsible immigration office in Germany for the approval. The entire procedure may take 6-10 weeks to complete. Therefore, it is wise to apply 2 month in advance of the course start date to obtain the student visa of Germany on time.
Documents Required When Applying for a Student Visa of Germany
German missions in different countries may ask for different documents to issue German student visa to the citizen of the respective countries. However, these are the common documents required to obtain German student visa.
1. Filled up Visa Application Forms
2. Declaration on True and Complete Information
3. Valid passport with a validity of at least 12 months along with two copies of all printed pages
4. Passport sized photographs according to biometric specifications (3 Copies)
5. Visa fee
6. Cover letter
7. Letter of enrollment from the German University
8. Proof that study fees have been paid, if applicable
9. School Leaving Certificate of Secondary School
10. Character Certificates
11. University Certificates (Degree Certificates and Mark Sheets), if applicable
12. Proof of Language Proficiency (TOEFL / IELTS, not older than 2 years, Original and A 4 sized copy
13. Proof of financial means to cover the costs for the time of your studies.
These documents may support for the proof of financial means:
X-masgift answered 5 years and 3 months ago
Related Answered Questions
Other Questions in Visa and Immigration
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.