Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
Can my father be co-sponsor with my uncle for my student visa?
Asked by: faraz
Answers: 1
Views: 1273
Posted on Thu, 3 Jul 2008 21:36:30 GMT
Question Description
Actually, my main sponsor is my maternal uncle but is it possible to make my US visa application stronger by showing my father as co-sponsor with my uncle? My father is government officer so he doesn't have enough salary to pay for my expenses but he has some property. My father has given me a supporting letter in which he has mentioned – “My brother in law is sponsoring my son but if my son requires money for his studies then I'll sell my property & give him money”. Will such letter from my father help my visa application?

It’s better not to include your father’s letter if your uncle has sufficient fund to sponsor you. Single but strong sponsorship will increase the chance of obtaining visa. Submitting your father’s letter will encourage consular to think that you’re not confident with your funds. So, until and unless your uncle’s fund is enough to sponsor you, don’t include your father’s letter but if your uncle’s fund isn’t enough to sponsor your studies, you surely can include such letter with evidences to show your father owns those properties which he wills to sell if required.

Rate it!
Kumar answered 9 years and 8 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018