Question asked in Visa and Immigration
How to apply for student visa to Spain and how to obtain police clearance certificate?
Asked by: sreedhar
Posted on Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:36:09 GMT
How to get student visa to Spain? I hope a guy named Amarnath Balaji has some information regarding this. I request your answers regarding the question above.
If you are looking for the process for Indian Student to apply for Spanish Student Visa, then I think I can help you a bit.
For Indians to apply for student visa to Spain, we have to apply directly to Spanish Embassy located in New Delhi on person with the required documents within the office hours.
Address for Spanish Embassy in India:
Spanish Embassy in India
- Original letter of enrolment from the Spanish educational institution which you intend to join
- Original letter from the educational centre with detail on program of studies
- Document proving your arrangement of accommodation during your stay in Spain
- Passport with validity up to the date you intend to stay in Spain
- Completely filled and signed visa application form with passport sized photograph attached (Your detail address and telephone number must be clearly stated in the application where you can be contacted for further processing)
- Two Xerox copies of visa application form with photograph attached on each form
- Bank draft drawn in favor of Embassy of Spain, New Delhi, for INR 3,978. (You must write your date of birth on the backside of the draft)
- All Marksheets, Transcripts and Certificate of your previous studies
- Police Clearance Certificate and their Xerox copies
- Original and signed medical certificates stating that you are in good heath
- Medical Insurance and Travel Insurance papers which are valid through the territory of the Schengen countries and cover the entire period of your stay
- Bank Certificates and Statement of your sponsor showing availability of enough funds to support your stay and study in Spain
Regarding your Police Clearance Certificate issue, I have some information for you as well.
The Police Clearance Certificate for Indians is issued by same passport issuing offices through which your passport is issued. The process to obtain Police Clearance Certificate is not so difficult. Police Clearance Certificate is issued on the basis of an unambiguously clear Police Verification Report received in respect of the passport held by the applicant. If passport hold by the applicant seems to be ambiguous but not adverse, applicants may be asked to approach the concerned police authority under whose jurisdiction his residence falls to obtain a Local Police Certificate - on the basis of which, Police Clearance Certificate is issued by Passport Offices.
The processes to obtain passport is filling up the Miscellaneous Application Form No. 2 which is available at the passport offices at Rs 5 and submit it to the officials along with Rs 300 as a Police Clearance Certificate fee. The passport officers will verify your passport and your criminal records in relation to your passport and if they are satisfied, they will issue you a Police Clearance Certificate.
Documents required to obtain Police Clearance Certificate in India:
- Original valid passport of the applicant
- Proof of Residence
- A set of three completed Personal Particulars Form if the applicant has not stayed at the present address for the last one year (Additional completed Personal Particulars Form should be filled up and enclosed with the previous one for each additional place of residence
Hridaya answered 9 years and 1 month ago
Related Answered Questions
Other Questions in Visa and Immigration
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.