Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
How to get Permanent Residency in New Zealand?
Asked by: maulik
Answers: 1
Views: 3139
Posted on Mon, 7 Jul 2008 13:07:32 GMT
Question Description
After completing my studies in New Zealand, how can I get Permanent Residency there? And how can I get work permit there in New Zealand?

All international postgraduate students in New Zealand who complete two years course or other course which qualify for points under Skilled Migration Category can obtain a work permit after studies to obtain practical experience. Students are first provided six months work permit which can later be converted into two years work permit which makes students eligible to apply for permanent residency.

When you work after studies in New Zealand, you get points for your studies and skills. All information abroad permanent residencies in New Zealand are available in pages Iíve mentioned below:

About work permit: Students who are enrolled full-time into a course longer than one year can apply for a work-permit in New Zealand. Work-permit allows international students do 20 hours of part-time jobs in New Zealand during their studies.

Rate it!
Kumar answered 9 years and 8 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018