Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
Is it essential to show bank statement of last three months for UK student visa?
Asked by: Indra
Answers: 2
Views: 2638
Posted on Sat, 19 Jul 2008 16:45:29 GMT
Question Description
I wish to pursue Masterís in UK and have learnt that to obtain student visa, one has to show sufficient amount of liquid in oneís bank account and that too for the period of more than 3 months. Is it true? Can't I bypass the 3 months rule by showing more than enough liquid?


Hi Indra, To apply for UK student visa, you must show bank transaction of at least previous three months (six months recommended) to show fund you have in your bank account is genuine. There is no way to by pass this rule. This rule helps immigration officers determine whether the fund you have is genuine or not. If this rule hadnít existed, students would simply borrow required amount from someone and deposit it into bank to show they have sufficient fund, which is fake in real. So to show you have sufficient funds genuinely, you must show transaction of last three months with sufficient funds in your bank account to convince the immigration officers that you are financially capable to pursue your masterís level in UK.

Rate it!
Gopal answered 9 years and 8 months ago

Hello Indra,

What Mr. Gopal has said is absolutely true. But up to my knowledge, there is one way to overcome this problem. You can deposit high amount into your bank account and show the amount you have deposited is obtained by you through loan. The loan mustnít necessarily be a bank loan so you can show some papers showing you have got that loan from some of your relatives.

Rate it!
abhijeet answered 9 years and 8 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018