Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
Will it affect my UK student visa if my dad and mom are divorced?
Asked by: ashu
Answers: 2
Views: 1015
Posted on Sat, 19 Jul 2008 15:26:10 GMT
Question Description
Hi, my dad and mom are divorced but we’ve still got a huge family which can fund for my studies in UK and we’ve also got education loan but my main question is the fact that my mom and dad are divorced which is going to give the immigration officer a hard time to figure out whether to approve my visa or not.

I live with my mom she’s a teacher, my brother is a software engineer, my aunt is also a teacher and my uncle works in an insurance company. We all live as a family. Is this enough to convince the immigration officer to grant me a visa to UK?

We are also taking an education loan and we have got sufficient funds to pay for my college.

Even though your parents have divorced, if you have got sufficient funds to sponsor your education and life in UK, you’ll not have any problem with your visa application. Anybody who wishes can sponsor your education. So your mother, brother, aunt, and uncle can sponsor you without any help of your father. Furthermore, you have also got an education loan so there is nothing to worry about. But the immigration officers may also seek for some source through which you’ll pay back your loan you have taken.

Rate it!
Gopal answered 9 years and 8 months ago

Well, Visa officers are not interested in anyone's personal life, so Chill:).
As everything is clarified by friend Gopal, I would like to add just the two facts.
Just satisfy the officer that:
1) You intend to return after studies.
2) You WOULD pay-back the loans.

Good Luck.

Rate it!
Indra answered 9 years and 8 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018