Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
How can I get permanently settled in USA?
Asked by: sweena
Answers: 1
Views: 1092
Posted on Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:12:48 GMT
Question Description
I got student visa to US for 3 years. I want to settle there permanently - legally within 3 years. How can I? What is the procedure?

Students on F-1 visa are not eligible for permanent residency. They can stay in US only up to 6 months beyond date of completion of their studies.

If you want to stay in US after your studies, the best thing you can do is to get employed to some job in USA. For this, you’ll have to find an employer who offers you a job. If someone offers you a job in USA, you can apply for a work visa. If you get a work visa, you can work in USA and can apply for Green Card (Permanent Residency) after few years. You can get PR quicker if you have some extra abilities or talents.

Rate it!
MyWorld answered 9 years and 8 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018