Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
Can I take my husband with me if I have a US student visa?
Asked by: sweena
Answers: 1
Views: 1136
Posted on Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:15:43 GMT
Question Description
I got 3 years US student visa. Will I be eligible to take my husband with me? I'm getting married in coming one year. If yes, what is the procedure?

If your husband is below 21 years of age, he can apply for F-2 visa known as dependant visa. It is provided to spouse or children of a student who wants to study in USA. The F-2 visa holders can study in USA like students with F-1 visa do. However, the F-2 visa holder is not eligible for any scholarships and financial aid. F-2 visa holders are not allowed to work too. To apply for F-2 visa youíll have to show additional funds to support your and your husbandís life and studies in USA.

If you donít want your husband to go with you on F-2 visa, he also can apply for F-1 visa separately as a separate student.

Rate it!
MyWorld answered 9 years and 8 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018