Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
Are Bank Statements and Property Documents required to study in USA?
Asked by: Tanuja
Answers: 1
Views: 1490
Posted on Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:22:15 GMT
Question Description
I just wanted to know if we need to show any bank statement and legal property (land, house etc) documents for pursuing education in the USA. If so, what is the minimum amount to be shown? And why are these documents actually required for the VISA processing?

And what are the other documents that are required for the processing?

Thanks in Advance,

You need a bank balance certificate and bank statement of last six months along with other property documents and their authorized valuation certificates to apply for US student visa. The bank balance you show must be sufficient to cover your study and living expense in USA.

The bank balance you have to show must be approximately US $45,000 (2,000,000 Indian Rupee).

You have to show these documents while you apply for US student visa to prove you have financial ability to support your life in USA without any financial aid or part-time job earnings.

Rate it!
elearn answered 9 years and 8 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018