Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
Can I apply for permanent residency after studying in USA?
Asked by: 007
Answers: 1
Views: 1923
Posted on Mon, 17 Nov 2008 18:51:10 GMT
Question Description
I want to stay permanently in USA after my graduation from a university in USA. If I tell them that I intend to stay permanently in USA after my studies during a visa interview, will they give me a f1 visa?

With F1 visa you are not allowed to apply for permanent residency. The purpose of F1 visa is to study in USA not to work or stay there. If you want an f1 visa you must be determined to return back after completion of your studies in USA. If you say you’ll not return back during your visa interview, there is no way they’ll give you a visa.

Rate it!
Govinda answered 9 years and 4 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018