Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
Will I get permanent residency of USA if I get married with F1 visa?
Asked by: JASMINE
Answers: 1
Views: 1312
Posted on Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:36:42 GMT
Question Description
If I will get married during my F1 visa period, will I get a Permanent Residency of USA?

Up to my knowledge, what you are planning is possible and legal. But keep in mind, the girl/boy you marry must be a green card holder. As this case is related to feelings and relationship, US government has no any policy against it.

Though it is a legal procedure to be a US citizen, I think students who enter USA with student visa must have sole purpose of studying.

Rate it!
Govinda answered 8 years and 11 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2017