Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
Can I get PR after doing Diploma in Australia?
Asked by: Bhuwan
Answers: 1
Views: 4660
Posted on Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:12:00 GMT
Question Description
Is Diploma considered for Permanent Residency (PR) in Australia by Australian Immigration office? Will it be possible to obtain Australian PR after doing Diploma there?

You can apply for PR just after your Diploma. However, Diploma can be one of the things you need for getting a PR. First you’ll join a basic diploma, then after you’ll have to do Advanced Diploma. Completing a Diploma program will take you about 2 years. After you complete your Diploma, you must be able to find a job in Australia. The job must be secure and for at least of 3 years duration. When you’ll be able to find a job here, you’ll be eligible to apply for PR.

So, you may be able to obtain PR with Diploma but it isn’t the only requirement you need.

Rate it!
Tim answered 9 years and 1 month ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018