Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
What can I do after my Canadian Student Visa has been refused?
Asked by: Priodarsha
Answers: 1
Views: 2201
Posted on Thu, 12 Aug 2010 17:27:41 GMT
Question Description
Hello, I have been refused a student visa (study permit) on the ground that the visa officer is not satisfied that I will leave Canada after temporary period of stay in Canada. He considered my ties to my country balance against the factors which may motivate me to stay in Canada.

This is the first time Iíve been refused for the visa. Can I appeal or is there any other remedy?

If you want to appeal, it can't be done at the local Canadian High Commission. The appealing process is very complex and expensive.

As they have rejected you for "ties", you may make some changes to your application and re-apply. You can show the assets you'll leave in your home country, the scope for the course youíve chosen to study in your country, the social position for your family, and many other things which may display that you're surely going to return after completing your studies in Canada.

Since many students do not return once they enter Canada, it is quite obvious for them to stricken their procedure. When you re-apply, just try to display them that youíre a genuine student who truly wants to study in Canada, and wills to return back home after graduation. Good luck!

Rate it!
Govinda answered 7 years and 7 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018