Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
How to get visa to study abroad?
Asked by: LULU
Answers: 2
Views: 2838
Posted on Sun, 13 Mar 2011 18:27:18 GMT
Question Description
I want to know how to get visa to study abroad.

A student visa provided by the host country confirms that your child is approved to study there. Your child student visa allows them stay in your host country longer than a typical tourist. Visa requirements and application processes differ by country, so you and your child should contact the host country embassy or consulate to learn the specifics for your trip.
Each applicant for a student visa must submit these forms and documentation as explained below:

Form I-20A-B, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status-For Academic and Language Students or Form I-20M-N, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (M-1) Student Status for Vocational Students. You will need to submit a SEVIS generated Form, I-20, which was provided to you by your school.You and your school official must sign the I-20 form. See the previous section for SEVIS information.
Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, Form DS-160. Visit our DS-160 webpage to learn more about the DS-160 online process.
A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If more than one person is included in the passport, each person desiring a visa must complete an application.
One (1) 2x2 photograph. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements;
A MRV fee receipt to show payment of the visa application fee.
The SEVIS I-901 fee receipt.

Rate it!
Chikanbarn answered 5 years and 4 months ago

I think you should visit this link where you can get all the information you needed regarding Visa for studying abroad-

Rate it!
Michael22 answered 5 years and 2 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018