Sign In | Register
Study Abroad Questions and Answers
Search For A Question
Question asked in Visa and Immigration
Is US student visa a multiple entry visa?
Asked by: Rahul
Answers: 1
Views: 5278
Posted on Sun, 22 Aug 2010 02:22:16 GMT
Question Description
Is F1 visa issued by US embassies and consulates to international students a multiple entry visa? Can a student leave US during the study period to visit home? Does US F1 visa allow students to enter and exit US multiple times during their study session? What if the student travels other country than his/her home country? Is it permissible? Suggest me.

Yes, F1 visa is usually a multiple visa unless it is stated else in your passport. To confirm, whether your visa is multiple visa or not, you can check your visa sticker/stamp on your passport. Under the heading “Entries”, if it is stated “M”, then it means it is a multiple visa. You can enter USA multiple times with such visa during course of your study. However, while re-entering USA, immigration officer at the port of entry may ask for the reason of your visit. For that reason, you must get signed I-20 by your university or college officials. If you do not have a signed I-20, you will not be allowed to re-enter by the immigration inspector at the port of entry.

Sometimes, under the “Entries” heading, the definite number may be stated like 2, 3, 10, etc. If such definite number is stated in your visa, then you can enter USA only that number of times as stated in your visa.

The visa regulation is same even if you travel other country than your own country.

Rate it!
flyAbroad answered 7 years and 7 months ago
Ask Your Question
Ask your studying abroad related question here. Your question will be answered by experts and other EduCouncil QnA members.
Characters Left
Why should I ask?
EduCouncil doesn't guarantee the accuracy of the information available in EduCouncil QnA. Read Full Disclaimer
Help us improve. Give Feedback
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Help | Contact
Copyright © EduCouncil 2008-2018